“Leadership requires two things: a vision of the world that does not yet exist and the ability to communicate it.”
Heather McGowan works at the intersection of the future of work and the future of learning, an emerging field that integrates design strategy, management consulting, and education. McGowan uses single frame visuals to help people quickly understand shifting mental maps and contextual references. She assists executives in rethinking their business models, teams, and organizational structures. In higher education, she advises presidents to develop learning agility to prepare graduates for jobs that do not yet exist. Heather was the architect of the Kanbar College of Design, Engineering, and Commerce at Philadelphia University-- the first undergraduate college explicitly focused on innovation. She is the co-author and co-editor of the book Disrupt Together: How Teams Consistently Innovate. Her corporate clients range from small start-ups to publicly traded, Fortune 500 companies ranging from Autodesk to BD Medical. McGowan speaks internationally on the future of work and the future of learning.
- Internationally recognized expert on The Future of Work and The Future of Learning.
- Short, succinct highly visual presentations on the essential context of accelerated change in technology and business.
- Advisory services for higher education executive leadership and corporate executives facing transformational change.
- Single frame visualizations of complex challenges.
- Intellectual arguments for funding strategy.
- Workshops for corporate executives on innovation and white space exploration.
- Faculty and curriculum development in emerging areas related to design, business, and innovation.